Every good communicator has to be a student of human nature. After all you cannot connect a message with an audience you don’t understand. Some of us, myself included, have decided not to age gracefully. Heck, to some have waged full blown war on aging. But even our best attempts of staying young sometimes backfires. You might be holding on to your youth a bit too tight if:
1. You buy your clothes at the same store as your teenage children
2. You have a punch card for your Bottox treatments (13th is free!)
3. Your “maintenance plan” includes a team consisting of a cosmetic dentist, a dermatologist and homeopathic Chinese Lady with exotic herbs.
4. You crave protein bars.
5. Instead of buying hair color, you’re now buying hair.
6. You run for treats.
7. You have considered having a “six-pack abs” spray painted on your belly, several times.
8. Chemicals are your best friends. You have pills for energy, to burn fat, to help you sleep and to put you in the mood. Without them you wouldn’t function.
9. You asked your barber for the “Bieber.”
10. You’re running out of skin to pull from.
It’s your turn. What else would you add to the list?