Historically, the first weekend of the New Year is a great opportunity to reach out to your community with a New Year series. 2008 was no exception. All of our clients who spent the time to plan, design, and promote a new teaching series saw a significant jump in their weekend attendance compared to previous years. Interestingly, those who did not promote their first-of-the year message series had marginal results.
- Create a 6-8 week teaching series that connects with your community’s concerns and issues.
- Promote it to your own people as a way to reach out to their network of friends and family
- Be creative. Develop a visually compelling, graphical representation of the teaching series.
- Make the invitation simple. Create business-card size invitations with message titles, a map and other pertinent information.
- Start on Easter Sunday or the following weekend. Remember, give people a reason to return
- Deliver the message you advertise! You’ll be surprised by the number of preachers who decide to preach a different message by the time the series rolls around. That will do more damage to your credibility than most any other mistake you can make.