Nothing says summer more than the right shoes. Recently, men’s casual shoes options have grow beyond flip flops and boat shoes. But if you’re going to sport some sweet summer footwear you should keep a few dos and don’ts in mind.
- Clean your feet. Cut your toenails. I know it’s obvious, but it needs to be said. I’ve seen some of your feet. If you’re gutsy, go a step further and have a pedicure. Your feet and those who look at it will thank you.
- Have more than one pair of flip flops
- Pair sockless dress shoes with jeans or even shorts. This is a bold move and for the fashion forward. You can’t be timid and pull this off.
- Have fun with bold colors
- Wear your ratty flip flops to work. When in doubt don’t wear it.
- Wear socks with your sandals (even if you’re European, this is America)
- Wear black slacks with light-colored footwear unless it’s jeans. Very few people can pull that look off. If you have to ask someone if it looks good, then don’t do it.
What’s your favorite summer footwear?