Casual Friday is now a staple of the American workforce. It started decades ago with business men not wearing a tie on Fridays and it has taken a life of its own. With more and more businesses now embracing casual attire as the norm, one would surmise that Casual Friday would cease to exist. But I’ve noticed men who already work in a casual environment pushing the envelope and creating, what I call, “Casualty Friday.” So for this edition of the Fashion Friday post, let us consider what men should not wear to work next Friday:
- First of all, no shorts. That goes for manpris as well (capri pants for men–a sad but current trend)
- No Flip flops, sorry.
- If you’d wear it to the gym, don’t wear it at work. Sweat pants are never, never OK.
- No meshes of any kind (as in see through shirts).
- No ball caps. They are never appropriate indoor attire.
- No exposed body parts or undergarments. Keep holes to a minimum.
- No tennis shoes or running shoes. They belong outside. (I’m talking about athletic shoes not the casual shoes like Diesel or Gobas)
- No poor hygiene. It’s casual, not smelly, dirty or greasy Friday.
What would you add or subtract from this list? What’s the worst dressed man you’ve seen on Casual Friday?