Since we started The A Group 9 years ago, we have been giving Christmas gifts to our clients: expensive cookies, designer pen, leather notebooks, engraved pad-folios to name a few. However none has elicit the volume of feedback through notes, calls and lots of social media mentions as this past year’s gift: The A Group branded Snuggie. We sent them to clients in the cold North as well as in sunny Florida along with our Christmas card also featuring our entire team wearing Snuggies.
None of us could’ve predicted such a warm reception (pun intended) nor some of the coldest weather in recent history. Here’s a few lessons from this year’s Christmas gift:
- This was not the most expensive gift we have ever sent, but it was the most original
- We are a professional but fun company and the branded Snuggie said it all
- In a sea of cookies, pop corn and candy our gift stood out like a blue smurf (or an Avatar Na’Vi if you prefer)
- The combination gift, card and stickers (on the shipping box) told our clients that execution matters and we took the idea all the way through.
- People who would never buy a Snuggie because of the ubiquitously hokey commercials but who secretly wanted one, now are able to enjoy it guilt free.
- Our clients bought into the fun and shared their favorite A Group Snuggie moment. Here’s a few of my favorite shots
What was a memorable gift you received from a business partner?